United Nations Web TV Live Schedule for Friday, 29 May 2015
All indicated times are New York time (GMT-4), (Approximate ending time)
Watch the latest videos published on UN Web TV: http://webtv.un.org/search?term=2015-05-28
09:00 AM - 02:00 PM (GA) General Assembly: High-level event to mark the Twentieth anniversary of the World Programme of Action for Youth.
Opening Statements by the Acting President of the General Assembly and the Secretary-General of the United Nations
10:00 AM - 10:15 AM (Stakeout 3) Thirteenth annual International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers.
Public wreath-laying ceremony in honour of all fallen peacekeepers.
Opening remarks: Mr. Hervé Ladsous, Under-Secretary-General for Peacekeeping Operations and Mr. Atul Khare, Under-Secretary-General for Field Support; Remarks by Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon
10:00 AM - 01:00 PM (CR.3) General Assembly: Informal meetings of the plenary as part of the preparatory process for the Third International Conference on Financing for Development (drafting session)
10:20 AM - 11:30 AM (CR.1) Thirteenth annual International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers
Dag Hammarskjöld Medal Ceremony Medals will be awarded posthumously to the military, police and civilian personnel who lost their lives while serving in peacekeeping operations in 2014.
Remarks by the Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM Security Council Media Stakeout
10:45 AM - 11:45 AM Security Council: Threats to international peace and security caused by terrorist acts - Foreign Terrorist Fighters (7453rd meeting).
- Letter dated 8 May 2015 from the Permanent Representative of Lithuania to the United Nations addressed to the Secretary-General (S/2015/324)
- Letter dated 13 May 2015 from the Chair of the Security Council Committee established pursuant to resolution 1373 (2001) concerning counter-terrorism addressed to the President of the Security Council (S/2015/338)
- Letter dated 19 May 2015 from the Chair of the Security Council Committee pursuant to resolutions 1267 (1999) and 1989 (2011) concerning Al-Qaida and associated individuals and entities addressed to the President of the Security Council (S/2015/358)
12:00 PM - 01:00 PM Noon briefing and guests: Under Secretaries-General Herve Ladsous and Atul Khare on the occasion of the International Day of UN Peacekeepers Day.
12:00 PM - 01:00 PM (ECOSOC) 4th Committee: 26th meeting.
1. Comprehensive review of the whole question of peacekeeping operations in all their aspects (A/69/19 and A/C.4/69/L.19) [item 52]
Action on draft resolution A/C.4/69/L.19
2. Revitalization of the work of the General Assembly (A/C.4/69/L.20) [item 118]
Action on draft decision A/C.4/69/L.20
Fourth Committee website: http://www.un.org/en/ga/fourth/index.shtml
03:00 PM - 06:00 PM (GA) General Assembly: High-level event to mark the Twentieth anniversary of the World Programme of Action for Youth.
03:00 PM - 06:00 PM (CR.3) Fifth committee: second part of the resumed session of the Fifth Committee of the General Assembly at its sixty-ninth session
03:00 PM - 06:00 PM (TCC) General Assembly: Informal meetings of the plenary as part of the preparatory process for the Third International Conference on Financing for Development (drafting session)