United Nations Web TV Live Schedule for Thursday, 28 May 2015
All indicated times are New York time (GMT-4), (Approximate ending time)
Watch the latest videos published on UN Web TV: http://webtv.un.org/search?term=2015-05-26
09:45 AM - 10:45 AM Security Council Media Stakeout
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Security Council: 1) UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) 2) 1718 Committee and Sudan sanctions
10:00 AM - 12:45 PM (CR.11) Results achieved in the rule of law area in crisis-affected and fragile contexts in 2014.
The meeting will also offer a platform for partners and high-level UN Officials to outline priorities for how to best support the rule of law in these contexts
10:00 AM - 01:00 PM (TCC) General Assembly: Informal meetings of the plenary as part of the preparatory process for the Third International Conference on Financing for Development (drafting session)
10:00 AM - 01:00 PM (ECOSOC) UN ECOSOC Partnerships event: "The role of partnerships in achieving the Post-2015 development agenda: Making it happen".
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM (GA Hall) General Assembly: 91st plenary meeting
1. Culture of peace: draft resolution (A/69/L.71) [item 14]
2. Elections to fill vacancies in subsidiary organs and other elections: Election of twenty members of the Committee for Programme and Coordination: Note by the SecretaryGeneral (A/69/291) [item 112 (a)]
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM Press Conference: Efforts to save the cultural heritage of Iraq.
Speakers: Minister of State, Ms. Maria Böhmer of Germany; Ambassador Mohamed Ali Alhakim, Permanent Representative of Iraq to the United Nations; and the Director General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Ms. Irina Bokova.
12:00 PM - 01:00 PM Noon Briefing and guest: Mr. Jean-Paul Laborde, Executive Director of the Security Council Counter-Terrorism Committee Executive Directorate (CTED).
01:00 PM - 02:00 PM Press Conference: Mr. Jean-Victor Nkolo, Spokesperson for the President of the General Assembly.
01:15 PM - 02:30 PM (CR.7) Global Challenges Giving Pledge Conference 2016 - Briefing and Panel Discussion.
With the "Global Challenges Giving Pledge Conference" Briefing and Panel Discussion the organizers aim to contribute to the success of ECOSOC Partnership Forum and to "bring fresh ideas and new thinking on ways in which multi-stakeholder partnerships can support the implementation of the Post-2015 development agenda" by:
1. highlight the need for investment in Knowledge Collaboration and Information and Communication Technology Infrastructure as precondition for effective Multistakeholder engagement in post2015 agenda
2. present entry points for a new generation of global philanthropy leaders (from "The Giving Pledge" to "The Global Challenges Giving Pledge").
3. discuss with Member States and UN system representatives what needs to be done within UN system in order to provide an enabling environment for youth led multistakeholder action and innovative resource mobilization in the context of post2015 agenda.
Event organised by the International Association for the Advancement of Innovative Approaches to Global Challenges (IAAI) and the World We Want 2015 (WWW2015) - Policy and Strategy Group (PSG).
02:45 PM - 03:45 PM Security Council Media Stakeout
03:00 PM - 04:00 PM Security Council: Middle East
03:00 PM - 05:00 PM (CR.1) "The Implementation of the Women, Peace and Security Agenda: Harmonizing the High-Level Review Processes".
Organized by the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Concept note: http://www.un.org/webcast/pdfs/2015-05-28-UAE-series.pdf
03:00 PM - 06:00 PM (ECOSOC) UN ECOSOC Partnerships event: "The role of partnerships in achieving the Post-2015 development agenda: Making it happen".
03:00 PM - 06:00 PM (TCC) General Assembly: Informal meetings of the plenary as part of the preparatory process for the Third International Conference on Financing for Development (drafting session)