United Nations Web TV Live Schedule for Wednesday, 27 July 2016
All indicated times are New York time (GMT-5), (Approximate ending time)
Watch the latest videos published on UN Web TV: http://webtv.un.org/search?term=2016-07-26
11:00 PM - 07:00 AM (Surabaya, Indonesia, GMT+7) Preparatory Committee III (PrepCom3) Habitat III
09:45 AM - 10:45 AM Security Council Media Stakeout.
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM (GA Hall) General Assembly: 113th plenary meeting.
Question of equitable representation on and increase in the membership of the Security Council and other matters related to the Security Council [item 121]
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Security Council: Peace and security in Africa (7748th meting).
10:00 AM - 01:00 PM (ECOSOC) Economic and Social Council: Coordination and management meeting (48th meeting, 2016 session).
1. Implementation of the Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Countries and Peoples by the specialized agencies and the international institutions associated with the United Nations (A/71/69, A/71/87-E/2016/67, E/2016/49 and E/2016/L.25) [item 14]
2. Economic and environmental questions [item 18]
3. Operational activities of the United Nations for international development cooperation: South-South cooperation for development (A/71/39) [item 7 (c)]
4. Coordination, programme and other questions [item 12]
5. Conclusion of the coordination and management meeting and the 2016 session of the Economic and Social Council
10:00 AM - 01:00 PM (CR.1) 2016 JCI Global Partnership Summit - Investing in the Global Goals for Sustainable Development.
The world we live in today is constantly evolving. Traditional solutions to global challenges are no longer sufficient. As engaged citizens invested in the future, JCI members seize the opportunity to take local action for global impact. Uniting citizens from the government, business and civil sectors at the JCI Global Partnership Summit expands our ability to create sustainable impact. Delegates unite with JCI partners and friends at this annual event to discuss solutions to the critical challenges of our time. Summit attendees explore how the coordinated efforts of all sectors of society can lead the way to sustainable change through collective local action. The dynamic conversation at the JCI Global Partnership Summit focuses on the future and the great opportunity young people have to create a better world.
With the support of the Office of the UN Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth, the 2016 JCI Global Partnership Summit will engage leaders to discuss important challenges and opportunities that the Global Goals present.
10:00 AM - 01:00 PM (CR.8) The United Nations and the Holy See.
12:00 PM - 01:00 PM Daily Press Briefing by the Spokesperson of the Secretary-General.
Guest: Kyung-wha Kang, Assistant Secretary-General and Deputy Emergency Relief Coordinator (OCHA) on her recent trip to Malawi and Madagascar.