United Nations Web TV Live Schedule for Thursday, 30 June 2016
All indicated times are New York time (GMT-5), (Approximate ending time)
Watch the latest videos published on UN Web TV: http://webtv.un.org/search?term=2016-06-29
03:00 AM - 12:00 PM 32nd regular session of the Human Rights Council (Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland, 13 June - 1 July 2016)
09:45 AM - 10:45 AM Security Council Media Stakeout (Middle East).
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Security Council: The situation in the Middle East, including the Palestinian question (7729th meeting).
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM (CR.1, $ tbc) General Assembly: Informal Consultations on how to enable the participation of indigenous peoples’ representatives and institutions in meetings of relevant United Nations bodies on issues affecting them.
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM (CR.4, $ tbc) Briefing and Discussion on Implementing UN Security Council Resolution 2270: Challenges and the Way Forward (webcast until 11:30am only).
DPRK nuclear threat and the need for a robust UN sanctions regime (Moderator: Spain PR - Ambassador Roman Oyarzun, Chair of 1718 Committee)
- The DPRK Nuclear Threat: Prospects, how it endangers the world, and how to address it (ROK PR - Ambassador Oh Joon)
- Past, Present and future of the DPRK Sanctions Regime: The significance of Resolution 2270 and critical global implementation needs (US PR – Ambassador Samantha Power)
- Regional Impact of DPRK’s Violation: The threat DPRK poses to East Asia and why the region should strengthen collaboration and cooperation to improve the implementation of DPRK sanctions including Resolution 2270 (Japan PR - Ambassador Koro Bessho)
- Keynote: The Role of UN sanctions in Addressing the DPRK Nuclear Issue (Dr. Gary Samore, Executive Director for Research, Belfer Center, Harvard University and formerly President Obama’s White House Coordinator for Arms Control and Weapons of Mass Destruction)
- Presentation: Identifying and addressing DPRK’s sanctions evasion techniques (Hugh Griffiths, Coordinator of 1718 Panel of Experts)
- Discussion (Q&A with participating Ambassadors)
High-level discussion jointly organized by the Republic of Koreas, the United States and Japan.
10:00 AM - 01:00 PM (CR.12) United Nations Appeals Tribunal
10:00 AM - 01:00 PM (CR.5) Protecting the human rights of all people in vulnerable situations within large movements.
12:00 PM - 01:00 PM Daily Press Briefing by the Spokesperson of the Secretary-General.
01:00 PM - 02:00 PM Press Conference: The Executive Director of UN-Habitat, Dr. Joan Clos on Land Use and Urban Expansion.
03:00 PM - 04:00 PM (TCC) Resumed session of the Special Committee on decolonization (C-24) (12th meeting).
- Question of French Polynesia
- Question of sending visiting missions to Territories
03:00 PM - 04:00 PM (GA Hall) General Assembly: 108th plenary meeting.
1. Integrated and coordinated implementation of and follow-up to the outcomes of the major United Nations conferences and summits in the economic, social and related fields: Follow-up to the outcome of the Millennium Summit: draft resolution (A/70/L.54) [items 15 and 116]
2. The United Nations Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy: reports of the Secretary-General (A/70/674, A/70/826 and A/70/826/Corrigendum 1) [item 117]
[The General Assembly will also pay tribute to the memory of His Excellency John W. Ashe, President of the sixty-eight session of the General Assembly.]