United Nations Web TV Live Schedule for Tuesday, 12 April 2016
All indicated times are New York time (GMT-5), (Approximate ending time)
Watch the latest videos published on UN Web TV: http://webtv.un.org/search?term=2016-04-11
08:30 AM - 09:30 AM (SO#2) Media Stakeout: Secretary General Selection.
- Approx 8:30am: Mogens Lykketoft (GA President).
- Approx 11:00am: Dr. Igor Luksic, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs and European Integration of Montenegro at the Stakeout area near the Trusteeship Council.
- Approx 1:00pm: Ms. Irina Bokova (Bulgaria), Director-General of the the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
09:00 AM - 11:00 AM (TCC) Secretary General Selection – Informal Dialogue with Dr. Igor Lukšić (Montenegro).
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM (CR.12) All Member States Briefing on Core Commitments for Roundtables for the World Humanitarian Summit.
- Political Leadership to Prevent and End Conflict
- Uphold the Norms that Safeguard Humanity
World Humanitarian Summit (WHS): https://www.worldhumanitariansummit.org/
10:00 AM - 01:00 PM (CR.2) “70 years of the UN’s communication: A Public Diplomacy Perspective”- UN Public Diplomacy Symposium
10:00 AM - 01:00 PM (CR.4) Commission on Population and Development - Forty-ninth session.
Theme: Strengthening the demographic evidence base for the post-2015 development agenda.
10:45 AM - 11:45 AM Security Council Media Stakeout (Middle East (Syria)).
11:00 AM - 01:00 PM (TCC) Secretary General Selection – Informal Dialogue with Ms. Irina Bokova (Bulgaria).
11:15 AM - 12:15 PM Press Conference [Spanish/English interpretation will be provided]: The UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and H.E. Rafael Correa, Constitutional President of the Republic of Ecuador on the Habitat III conference, which will be held in Quito, Ecuador in October 2016.
12:00 PM - 01:00 PM Daily Press Briefing by the Spokesperson of the Secretary-General.
Guest: Mr. Toby Lanzer, Regional Humanitarian Coordinator for the Sahel on his recent trip to Northeastern Nigeria. He will brief about Boko Haram.
01:15 PM - 02:30 PM (CR.12, to be confirmed) Progress in Realising the Addis Ababa Promise to the Youth of Africa (COPD Side-Event).
High-Level Side Event of the 49th Session of the Commission on Population and Development organized by the Permanent Mission of South Africa to the United Nations
02:45 PM - 03:45 PM Security Council Media Stakeout (UNOCI).
02:45 PM - 03:45 PM (SO#2) Media Stakeout: Secretary General Selection.
- Approx 5:00pm: Mr. Antonio Guterres, former United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
03:00 PM - 04:00 PM Security Council: The situation in Côte d’Ivoire (7669th meeting).
- Letter dated 15 March 2016 from the Chair of the Security Council Committee established pursuant to resolution 1572 (2004) concerning Côte d’Ivoire addressed to the President of the Security Council (S/2016/254)
- Special report of the Secretary-General on the United Nations Operation in Côte d’Ivoire (S/2016/297)
03:00 PM - 05:00 PM (TCC) Secretary General Selection – Informal Dialogue with Mr. António Guterres (Portugal).