United Nations Web TV Live Schedule for Tuesday, 17 November 2015
All indicated times are New York time (GMT-4), (Approximate ending time)
Watch the latest videos published on UN Web TV: http://webtv.un.org/search?term=2015-11-16
04:00 AM - 12:00 PM (Switzerland, Geneva, Palais des Nations) Forum on Business and Human Rights 2015 (16-18 November 2015).
Business can have a profound impact, both positive and negative, on human rights. Companies can deliver innovation and services to improve people’s standard of living. Yet company activities can also – directly or indirectly - destroy livelihoods, exploit workers or displace communities.
09:45 AM - 10:45 AM Security Council Media Stakeout.
Approximately 1:15pm: United Kingdom Secretary of State for International Development, H.E. Ms. Justine Greening, is expected to brief reporters on the Security Council Meeting on the Maintenance of International Peace and Security: Security, Development and the Root Causes of Conflict.
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM General Assembly: 54th plenary meeting.
To consider agenda item 87 (Report of the International Atomic Energy Agency) (document (A/70/219)) and draft resolution (A/70/L.8) (to be issued)).
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM (CR.3) Fifth Committee: 15th meeting.
Administrative and Budgetary Committee.
- Proposed programme budget for the biennium 2016-2017
- Strategic heritage plan of the United Nations Office at Geneva
- Status of implementation of the information and communications technology strategy for the United Nations
- Request for a subvention to the United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research
Fifth Committee website: http://www.un.org/en/ga/fifth/index.shtml
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Security Council: Maintenance of international peace and security - Security, development and the root causes of conflict (7561st meeting).
- Report of the Secretary-General on the United Nations and conflict prevention: a collective recommitment (S/2015/730)
- Letter dated 5 November 2015 from the Permanent Representative of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to the United Nations addressed to the Secretary-General (S/2015/845)
10:00 AM - 01:00 PM (CR.1) Third Committee: 48th meeting.
Social, Humanitarian and Cultural Committee.
Introduction and action on several draft resolutions on human rights, social development and crime prevention and criminal justice.
Third Committee website: http://www.un.org/en/ga/third/index.shtml
10:00 AM - 01:00 PM (CR.4) Fourth Committee: 25th meeting (closing).
Special Political and Decolonization Committee.
- United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East.
- Report of the Special Committee to Investigate Israeli Practices Affecting the Human Rights of the Palestinian People and Other Arabs of the Occupied Territories.
- Revitalization of the work of the General Assembly.
- Programme planning.
- Conclusion of the work of the Committee for the main part of the seventieth session.
Fourth Committee website: http://www.un.org/en/ga/fourth/index.shtml
12:00 PM - 01:00 PM Daily Press Briefing by the Spokesperson of the Secretary-General.
12:30 PM - 01:30 PM Press Conference: The Spokesperson for the President of the General Assembly, Mr. Daniel Thomas.