United Nations Web TV Live Schedule for Friday, 11 September 2015
All indicated times are New York time (GMT-4), (Approximate ending time)
Watch the latest videos published on UN Web TV: http://webtv.un.org/search?term=2015-09-10
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM (GA Hall) General Assembly: 103rd plenary meeting.
1. Revitalization of the work of the General Assembly [item 118]
2. Operational activities for development of the United Nations system: draft resolution (A/69/L.77) [item 24 (a)]
3. Zone of peace and cooperation of the South Atlantic [item 34]
Report of the Secretary-General (A/69/973)
Draft resolution (A/69/L.89)
4. Promotion and protection of human rights: draft resolution (A/69/L.88) [item 68]
5. Multilingualism [item 122]
Report of the Secretary-General (A/69/282)
Draft resolution (A/69/L.86)
6. Organization of work, adoption of the agenda and allocation of items; Globalization and interdependence: draft resolution (A/69/L.81/Rev.1 ) [items 7 and 21]
7. 2001-2010: Decade to Roll Back Malaria in Developing Countries, Particularly in Africa: draft resolution (A/69/L.91 ) [item 12]
10:00 AM - 01:00 PM (CR.6) Disaster Risk Reduction and Management: How Cities Can Anticipate and Respond to Disasters.
The world is undergoing the largest wave of urban growth in history. More than half of the world’s population now lives in towns and cities, and by 2030 this number will swell to about 5 billion. Much of this urbanization will unfold in Africa and Asia, bringing huge social, economic and environmental transformations. This half day seminar with leading design and technology experts will explore how cities can use science, technology, architecture and design to avert natural disasters, respond more quickly when disasters do strike and be more resilient in the aftermath of natural disasters.
START: Skills and Technology Accelerating Rapid Transformation Anticipating---and Responding to ---Disasters
Event organized by UN Academic Impact
12:00 PM - 01:00 PM Daily Press Briefing by the Spokesperson of the Secretary-General.