United Nations Web TV Live Schedule for Tuesday, 14 July 2015
All indicated times are New York time (GMT-4), (Approximate ending time)
Watch the latest videos published on UN Web TV: http://webtv.un.org/search?term=2015-07-13
02:00 AM - 11:00 AM Third International Conference on Financing for Development (13-16 July 2015, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
09:45 AM - 10:45 AM Security Council Media Stakeout (MONUSCO, DRC sanctions)
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Security Council: 1) Soudan and South Sudan: Report of the Secretary-General on the situation in Abyei (S/2015/439) (7483rd meeting)
2) Democratic Republic of the Congo: Report of the Secretary-General on the United Nations Organization Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (S/2015/486) (7484th meeting)
10:00 AM - 01:00 PM (CR.4) Open-Ended Working Group on Ageing, 6th session (14-16 July 2015), 1st meeting.
1. Election of officers [item1]
2. Adoption of the agenda and other organizational matters (A/AC.278/2015/1) [item 2]
3. Participation of non-governmental organizations in the work of the Open-ended Working Group on Ageing [item 3]
4. Existing international framework on the human rights of older persons and identification of existing gaps at the international level [item 4]
12:00 PM - 01:00 PM Noon Briefing and guest: Robert Kirkpatrick, the Director of the UN Global Pulse.
01:15 PM - 02:45 PM (CR.6) Towards an international legal instrument to promote and protect the rights and dignity of older persons: the Inter-American Convention on Protecting the Human Rights of Older Persons.
On the occasion of the Sixth Working Session of the Open-ended Working Group on Ageing. Organised by the Permanent Missions of Argentina, Brazil, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador and Panama to the United Nations, the NGO Committee on Ageing and Global Action on Ageing.
03:00 PM - 06:00 PM (CR.4) Open-Ended Working Group on Ageing, 6th session (14-16 July 2015), 2nd meeting.
Existing international framework on the human rights of older persons and identification of existing gaps at the international level [item 4]
Panel discussion on “Recent policy developments and initiatives concerning the human rights of older persons”.
Presentations, followed by an interactive dialogue