United Nations Web TV Live Schedule for Thursday, 17 July 2014
All indicated times are New York time (GMT-4)
Watch the latest videos published on UN Web TV: http://webtv.un.org/search?term=2014-07-16
Thursday, July 17, 2014
09:45 AM Security Council media stakeouts (Libya)
10:00 AM Security Council: 7218th meeting - The situation in Libya.
10:00 AM - 01:00 PM General Assembly: Thematic Debate entitled “Promotion of Investment in Africa and its catalytic role in achieving Africa’s development objectives, including those of the New Partnership, particularly the eradication of poverty and the achievement of inclusive and sustained economic growth and development”.
10:00am - Opening - Statements by the President of the General Assembly and the Secretary-General of the United Nations
10:30am - High-level segment
10:30 AM Press conference by Ambassador Yuriy Sergeyev, Permanent Representative of Ukraine to the United Nations. He will brief on the current political and security situation in Ukraine.
10:45 AM - 12:45 PM “Day of International Criminal Justice – The UN and the ICC: Partners of Shared Values” - Marking the Tenth Anniversary of the Relationship Agreement (2004-2014). Organized by the Permanent Mission of Italy to the United Nations.
12:00 PM Noon Briefing
01:00 PM Special event on the UN Commission on International Trade Law Standards for Transparency, Accountability and Good Governance.
01:15 PM - 02:30 PM Interactive panel discussion on Into the Homestretch: Towards the Activation of the Kampala Amendments to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court on the Crime of Aggression.
Organized by the Permanent Mission of Liechtenstein to the United Nations
03:00 PM - 06:00 PM General Assembly: 104th plenary meeting -
1. New Partnership for Africa’s Development: progress in implementation and international support: draft resolution (A/68/L.41/Rev.1) [item 63 (a)]
2. Organization of work, adoption of the agenda and allocation of items: Information and communications technologies for development: draft resolution (A/68/L.54)
[items 7 and 16]
3. Elections to fill vacancies in subsidiary organs and other elections: Election of the Executive Director of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme: Note by the Secretary-General (A/68/915) [115 (e)]
4. Appointments to fill vacancies in subsidiary organs and other appointments: Appointment of members and alternate members of the United Nations Staff Pension Committee: Note by the Secretary-General (A/68/940) [116 (j)]
03:00 PM - 06:00 PM General Assembly: Thematic Debate entitled “Promotion of Investment in Africa and its catalytic role in achieving Africa’s development objectives, including those of the New Partnership, particularly the eradication of poverty and the achievement of inclusive and sustained economic growth and development”.
- Interactive Panel Discussion “Promoting investment in Africa for achieving sustainable development objectives and how to improve business environment in support for African Union Agenda 2063 and the economic transformation of the Continent”.