United Nations Web TV Live Schedule for Thursday, 27 March 2014
All indicated times are New York time (GMT-4)
Watch the latest videos published on UN Web TV: http://webtv.un.org/search?term=2014-03-26
04:00 AM - 12:00 PM 25th regular session of the Human Rights Council (Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland, 3 - 28 March 2014)
09:00 AM (ECOSOC) Global Diversity Leadership Exchange
The Global Diversity Leadership Exchange, a network of global thought leaders, meets at the intersection of sustainability and diversity and inclusion. It is designed to bring forward breakthrough ideas, solutions and collaboration for business growth, common good, and global prosperity. The Global Diversity Leadership Exchange gather 250 of the most dynamic executives from Blue-Chip, multi-national companies. They listen, learn and share experiences in leveraging diversity and inclusion to support business objectives in emerging markets.
09:30 AM Press Conference: The International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) and Rwanda, 20 years later.
Speakers: Mr. Bongani Majola, Assistant Secretary-General and Registrar of the ICTR and Dr. Ousman Njikam, Legal Officer in the Immediate Office of the Registrar.
10:00 AM (GA) General Assembly: 80th plenary meeting (Ukraine)
To consider sub-item (b) of agenda item 33 (Prevention of armed conflict: Strengthening the role of mediation in the peaceful settlement of disputes, conflict prevention and resolution).
11:00 AM (CR.2) Transatlantic Slave Trade Commemoration - DPI/NGO Briefing: Victory over Slavery?
International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade: https://www.un.org/en/events/slaveryremembranceday/index.shtml
12:00 PM Noon Briefing
02:45 PM Security Council Media Stakeout
03:00 PM Security Council: 1) The situation concerning the Democratic Republic of the Congo (7149th meeting)
- Report of the Secretary-General on the implementation of the Peace, Security and Cooperation Framework for the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the region (S/2014/153)
- Report of the Secretary-General on the United Nations Organization Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (S/2014/157)
2) The situation concerning Iraq (7150th meeting)
- Second report of the Secretary-General pursuant to paragraph 6 of resolution 2110 (2013) (S/2014/190)
- Second report of the Secretary-General pursuant to paragraph 4 of Security Council resolution 2107 (2013) (S/2014/191)
03:00 PM (ECOSOC) International conference entitled “Taras Shevchenko: Champion of Ukrainian Language, Self-Determination of Peoples, Human Rights and Social Justice” (in commemoration of the International Mother Language Day (A/RES/56/262)) (organized by the Permanent Mission of Ukraine)